Length of Program
10 Months - September through June
Tuition for 2016-2017
- In-District: $3,375
- Out-of-District: $6,750
- All students must also pay a materials fee: $1,000
Minuteman's Post Graduate Advanced Automotive Technology program is designed to prepare students for a challenging and rewarding career in the ever-changing automotive industry. Our instructor is ASE master certified and has the know-how to provide a solid foundation for a lifetime of learning. The Automotive Technology field is changing constantly and becomes more challenging every year as vehicles are equipped with more sophisticated equipment. Minuteman's Automotive instructors constantly upgrade their skills by attending seminars, including those sponsored by General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan.
Employment of automotive service technicians and mechanics is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The number of vehicles in use continues to rise, and more entry-level service technicians will be needed to perform basic maintenance and repair, such as replacing brake pads and changing oil. New technologies, however, such as electric vehicles, may limit future demand for automotive service technicians and mechanics because they will be more reliable and thus require less maintenance and repair.
- Program centered around 8 areas of ASE and advanced technology, with ASE exams given at the end of each area
- Instruction on fundamental and advanced systems
- Up to date equipment and vehicles for lab work
- Majority of technical training is hands-on (no previous technical training required)
- Technical program contents consist of modern and high tech systems
- Computer based training and industry support software
- Advisory committee comprised of industry leaders to support and recommend updates
- Support from Nissan, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, KIA, and Honda
- MTI Advanced Automotive Technology Certificate
- OSHA 10-Hour General Safety Certification
- Up to 8 ASE Certifications
- Sec 609 A/C Handling License
Possible Career Pathways
- Automotive Machinist
- Automotive Technician
- Dealership Technician
- Field Engineer
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Independent Repair Technician
- Parts Specialist
- Service Support & Management
- System Specialist Technician
- Entry level salaries start at $25,000 to $35,000
- Experienced technicians can make up to $100,000
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for automotive service technicians and mechanics was $37,120 in May 2014.
- According to the Massachusetts Office of Labor and Workforce Development, the median annual wage in Massachusetts was $43,470 in May 2014.
Employers Hiring Minuteman Graduates
Acton Toyota, Ira Audi Porsche, Mackenzie Auto, Truck Service and Equipment Repair Inc, Amalgamated Transportation, Lowell Chevrolet, Nissan of Marlboro, Grava Chrysler Plymouth, Clay Nissan, Clay Nissan, Auto Engineering, IRA Nissan, IRA Toyota, Kelly Nissan, Lawless Chrysler, Saturn of Lowell