MTI students may be eligible for Co-op placement in the second half of the program. This provides students with the opportunity to apply their technical training and develop additional skills in a paid work environment while earning credit towards their certificate.
- Students must receive grades of a B or better in their program.
- Student's attendance will be a factor in whether they are accepted into the program.
- Co-op placement must be approved by the vocational teacher and the Co-op Coordinator.
There are requirements for all Co-op Program participants, to include:
- While placed on Co-op, students must continually maintain the same grade minimums as stated above.
- The work experience must directly relate to the vocational program for which the student has been trained. The validity of a cooperative education placement may be denied by the Cooperative Education Coordinator if there is not a direct relationship to the student's vocational program or the competencies to be gained on Co-op vary from the vocational frameworks for their program.
- Students must complete the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Course and return all forms required by the School before he/she will be allowed to begin the Co-op program.
- Students are only allowed to go on Co-op every other week.
- Students who have been accepted and committed to a cooperative education job which has been approved by the School will not leave or change jobs without the approval from the Cooperative Education Coordinator.
- Students should see the Co-op Coordinator immediately if there are any job-related issues. If a job-related issue cannot be resolved, the agreement will be terminated by the administrator in charge of the Cooperative Education Program. Changes will not be made by the student.
- Students must fax their weekly time sheets to the Co-op Coordinator at 781.863.1747 at the end of the day on Friday of their Co-op week. They may also turn in their time sheets immediately upon returning to school the following week. Failure to turn in the time sheet by 9am on Monday will result in the loss of cooperative education privileges for the next week.
- If the student is absent for any reason, they must notify the employer and the Dean's Office at 781.861.6500, ext. 7281 before 9am. Sick days must be indicated on the time sheet.
- If the cooperative education employer does not need the Co-op student during a typical Co-op week, the student must report to school that week and notify the Co-op Coordinator.